Re: More comments (clauses 49 & 46)

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I agree with Ben and Tripathi in general about looking too far into the
future to trash a packet. However, there are going to be some Clause 48
cases which should result in a trashed packet, one of those is the exact
example you describe:

Ben suggests that a Clause 49 frame of DDDDDTIE should not trash a
packet. However, the same sequence issued by the 8b/10b PCS would may be
the result of a packet error detected by 8b/10b running disparity
checking. For the 10GBASE-X PCS this sequence appears as:

lane 0: DD
lane 0: DD

--

Best Regards,
Rich

Richard Taborek Sr.                 Phone: 408-845-6102
Chief Technology Officer             Cell: 408-832-3957
nSerial Corporation                   Fax: 408-845-6114
2500-5 Augustine Dr.        mailto:rtaborek@xxxxxxxxxxx
Santa Clara, CA 95054            http://www.nSerial.com