Re: Another clause 49 issue

Pat, Ben,

Per my note on the subject of Link Status encodings dated 11/15/00:
http://www.ieee802.org/3/10G_study/email/msg03807.html, I'd like to
preserve the all of the optional code features outlined in
walker_1_0700.pdf slide 19 as well as extensions to support 10GE Pulse
Ordered-Sets and the preservation of codes to support 10GFC Signal sand
Sequence Ordered-Sets.

The best way to illustrate these extensions is in the form of of a table
summarizing the Ordered-Set Codes similar to the one at the top of slide
19 of walker_1_0700.pdf, and a second table extending table 49-1. These
two tables are attached to this note. I'd like to include the
information from these tables into D2.0 based on the motion to include
Link Status functions to support Local Fault and Remote Fault as well as
the NCITS T11 request to reserve unused codes for 10GFC usage.

Best Regards,
Rich

--

"THALER,PAT (A-Roseville,ex1)" wrote:

> Ben,
>
> I agree with you and had noticed that myself. I felt it was
> clearly enough a mistake in the walker slide that I had editorial
> license to fix it.
>
> To explain this more fully to others on the reflector:
> Whenever there is an ODDD, the three Ds take 24 bits and leave
> 4 bits for indicating whether the O is the XGMII 0x5c or 0x9c.
>
> If the pattern is ODDDSDDD, there are an additional 4 bits not
> used by the Ds. In walker_1_0700, those bits are labeled y,
> but they aren't really associated with an ODDD pattern so
> the "send as 0, ignore on receipt" rule should apply.
>
> This is what I plan to do as editor on this unless there is
> a significant problem with doing so.
>
> Regards,
> Pat

Richard Taborek Sr.                 Phone: 408-845-6102
Chief Technology Officer             Cell: 408-832-3957
nSerial Corporation                   Fax: 408-845-6114
2500-5 Augustine Dr.        mailto:rtaborek@xxxxxxxxxxx
Santa Clara, CA 95054            http://www.nSerial.com

001120_oset.PDF