RE: Clause 48: Data Delay Estimation

Rich,
I think that even if the maximum skew is 41 bits, the current delay
estimation is still on the boarder line:

Assuming about 4 samples in 156.25Mhz clock (Due to logic design and circuit
issues), at least 80 bits delay has to be added, as each sample with 156.25
clock adds 20 UI delay.

Some implementations will be based on third party SERDES device, and if this
is the case, you will always have at least one sample before you even "start
the work", so 4 samples are really not much.

But even so, you finish with 41+80=121 bits delay, which is about 40ns. I
don't know if a 78.125Mhz design is considered, but if so, you will get
twice the above value. I would not say that it has to be as large as 2x40ns,
but I think that it should be more than 40ns.

Regards,
Boaz