Re: First Film To Be Sent Via Satellite

Not to take this off the subject, but I'm pretty sure that the commercial
projectors don't use the DLP (digital light processing) chips, but are D-ILA
projectors built by Hughes-JVC.  These projectors use LCDs with a direct
radiating lamp that reflects off the LCD.  The DLP is a very good technology for
home theaters, but doesn't provide the resolution for a theater size
presentation (limited to about 1024x768 grids at this point).

Ted Schroeder
Alteon WebSystems, Inc.
a Nortel Company
and sometime Home Theater nut