From: Jscquake@xxxxxxx [mailto:Jscquake@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 6. december 2000 02:25
To: owner-stds-802-3-hssg@xxxxxxxx
Cc: henning.lysdal@xxxxxxxxx; stuart_robinson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx;
steen.christensen@xxxxxxxxx; pdartnell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx;
gnichols@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: Clause 51: Loopback mode (I/O and serial state)

Hello,

OK one more XSBI memo (for today) ... as stated in the clause, there
is an optional loopback mode. The type of loopback is open to the user
(serial or parallel). I pose the questions of

1) Should we spec the I/O type for the control input
2) State of output serial stream in loopback mode ... brief discussion was
    that the serial output should be static (either 1's or 0's)

I would put forth that the input be consistent w/ the LOS and Sync_Err type
and that the serial output should be a logic "0" (no light on PMD).

Comments?

Justin Chang
Quake Technologies, Inc.
50 Airport Parkway, San Jose, CA. 95110