XSBI: cls51 PCS output timing

Hello,

Below is a msg string in regards to PCS and XSBI timing, specifically the
setup and hold numbers that are currently in Draft 2.0. I would like to
solicit
the system board designers inputs on the discussion below. Thanks in
advance for your assistance.

Justin Chang
Quake Technologies, Inc.
50 Airport Parkway, San Jose, CA. 95110
Tel: 408-437-7723 email: justin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Fax: 408-437-4923 internet: www.quaketech.com

------
Justin,

On the PCS output it's not the 600ps board spec that's tight. It's the
1100ps PCS output spec.

As you point out, we want more setup/hold time for the PCS in the other
direction. Similarly we need to allow more slack to the PCS in the transmit
direction.

I would like to get numbers from some board/connector people. I don't think
they need 500ps-600ps.

Henning