From: Manish D. Agrawal [mailto:manish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, December 21, 2000 10:21 AM
To: Boaz Shahar; Manish D. Agrawal; THALER,PAT (A-Roseville,ex1); HSSG
Subject: RE: delay constraints from XGMII to XAUI

Hello Boaz,

As for as I see, the time-point of pause command assertion by MAC(1) until this pause command is actually executed by MAC(2) is also dependent upon the transmitter status of the MAC(1) and MAC(2). Let us take an example : MAC(1) is in the process of transmitting a frame of about 1500 bytes and it saw pause command assertion. The MAC(1) first completes its frame transmission and then only it transmits the PAUSE frame. Similarly when MAC(2) is in process of transmitting a frame of about 1500 bytes and it receives the PAUSE frame, then it first completes its frame transmission before executing PAUSE. So this delay is not the only  linear delay of transfer between the MACs.

am I right Boaz?

Best Regards,
Manish