Re: RF/LF

Boaz,

D2.0 comment resolution agreed to by the Task Force in Irvine will
significantly change, and simplify, fault handling through all
sublayers. I'm not sure where this discussion is headed and I have to
spend time with D2.1 changes so I'd like to ask you to defer your
specific questions. Please see the comment resolutions to D2.0 or wait
for D2.1.

Best Regards,
Rich

--

Boaz Shahar wrote:

> Rich,
> Unfortunately I missed the discussions about RF/LF (Had to be in the XAUI
> sessions). From the least I sow at the end, I thought that only the Tx
> machine in the PCS-PMA of the DTE-XGXS considering any of the faults (In
> order to come to a state where you transmit POS after /A/). Is this correct?
>
> And:
> In the Rx direction you do not have to alternate the XGMII anymore-rather
> you send the POS code whenever it comes, because the RS resets its machine
> only after 128 non fault indicated bytes, and the max distance between POS
> is 32 (Max A distance).
>
> Is this correct?
>
> Thx. for your help,
> Boaz

Richard Taborek Sr.                 Phone: 408-845-6102
Chief Technology Officer             Cell: 408-832-3957
nSerial Corporation                   Fax: 408-845-6114
2500-5 Augustine Dr.        mailto:rtaborek@xxxxxxxxxxx
Santa Clara, CA 95054            http://www.nSerial.com