Virus alert -- more information, including self-protection procedure
Raytheon's IT department today published the following warning and instructions:
A malicious e-mail message containing a virus is affecting the e-mail
Please delete any messages with the subject:
* Here you have ;)
* Here you go ;)
* Here you are ;)
DO NOT VIEW, LAUNCH, OR DETACH the following attachment:
Delete any message with these subjects or this attachment immediately.
By opening this attachment, you may cause serious damage to your
Lotus Notes users, to delete the message do the following:
1. In your e-mail inbox, verify that you do not have the
Message Preview pane open, i.e., you do not see the
text contents when you highlight the message in the inbox.
2. Disable the Message Preview pane from the Menu bar.
3. Highlight the message with the attachment
4. Click on the Delete button.
5. Press the F9 key on your keyboard.
6. When prompted to verify deletion, select "Yes."
End of notice from IT.
If there is some way to disable visual basic from running, that would help too.