RE: Clause 46 - Preamble

Shrinking IPG to 4 byte and also having an option
that makes a PHY implementaion valid that can just
give an /S/ and SFD (shrink preamble) will create issues.
(One may argue that it is not different than its precedent,
but there were reasons for it in the precedent and there are lots
of things are dropped or changed from the precedents).
With the current ASIC/Memory technologies to get this kind of
BW (though instantaneos) may not be an easy task.

If there may be implementations those just could
assume that no PHYs are shriking the preamble and design
the RS with the wrong assumption if you keep an option.

And also if there is no good reason as to why a PHY would
shrink preamble, then why keep an option.

Thanks
-Sanjeev