From: Gary Nicholl [mailto:gnicholl@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, February 22, 2001 2:42 PM
To: Tom Alexander; stds-802-3-hssg@xxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Question on XSBI

Tom,

That is what I suspected. I agree that the A1/A2 alignment is probably
automatic coming out of the WIS. I was actually more concerned about what
happens in the receive direction of an ELTE transponder, where the output
of the line side 16:1 demux would be fed into the LW-4 PMA. The output of
the 16:1 demux is not A1/A2 aligned. I guess a additional framing layer
would be required between the demux and the LW-4 PMA in order to perform
the necessary A1/A2 alignment ?
Or maybe no one is considering developing an ELTE with an LW-4 interface ?

Gary ....