RE: XAUI signal detect

Joel,
I think that in Clause  47 (p.278) it is defined as a variable, not
necessarily implemented as a XAUI signal. A better reference for your
assertion may be sub section e in clause 48: "...direct passing of
signal_detect from the PMD to the PCS through the PMA...". I think that the
last sentence implies a specific implementation by additional signal from
the PMD to the PMA, because it means (to my understanding) that the
signal_detect states explicitly detected by the PMD. (However, the PMD-PMA
I/F is not defined as XAUI).

Boaz