RE: Please read!!! March 802.3ae rough agenda, a little rah rah, and more.
- To: Jonathan Thatcher <Jonathan.Thatcher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Jonathan Thatcher <Jonathan.Thatcher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "HSSG (E-mail)" <stds-802-3-hssg@xxxxxxxx>
- Subject: RE: Please read!!! March 802.3ae rough agenda, a little rah rah, and more.
- From: Bruce Tolley <btolley@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2001 11:46:14 -0800
- Cc: "Everett O Rigsbee (Buzz) (E-mail)" <Everett.Rigsbee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Dawn C. Slykhouse (E-mail)" <dawns@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Geoffrey O. Thompson (E-mail)" <gthompso@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "David Law (E-mail)" <david_law@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Robert M. Grow (E-mail)" <bob.grow@xxxxxxxxx>, "Howard Frazier (E-mail)" <millardo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Steve Carlson (E-mail)" <scarlson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- In-Reply-To: <32A27D619DB0154C963D55F14552019D43EC5F@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Sender: owner-stds-802-3-hssg@xxxxxxxx
And the committe chair Jonathan worked six days and on the seventh he
Do you really think we will go to 6:00 PM Thursday?
At 04:49 PM 2/16/01 -0800, Jonathan Thatcher wrote:
45, 46, 49
All, please read the entire note.
- -----Original Message-----
- From: Jonathan Thatcher
- Sent: Friday, February 16, 2001 2:52 PM
- To: HSSG (E-mail)
- Cc: Everett O Rigsbee (Buzz) (E-mail); Dawn C. Slykhouse
(E-mail); Geoffrey O. Thompson (E-mail); David Law (E-mail); Robert M.
Grow (E-mail); Howard Frazier (E-mail); Steve Carlson (E-mail)
- Subject: Please read!!! March 802.3ae rough agenda, a little rah
rah, and more.
Firstly, I would like to underscore Brad's request below. As you
finish marking up a section of the draft, write up the comments and
forward them ASAP. Do not wait to compile these into a single
Secondly, you should anticipate some lengthy meetings. At the end of
this message is the rough agenda. Note that there are some meetings
planned on Sunday and Monday. Expect that there will be other meetings
that are not on the schedule, some running late into the night on Monday,
Tuesday, and especially Wednesday.
Thirdly, please remember that our target/goal/objective is TECHNICAL
COMPLETENESS!!! While it would be nice to have a document that is
polished, attempting to polish it at this meeting and not getting the
technical work done is spelled "irresponsible." Think of this,
in terms of your old college writing classes, as the "final
draft," not the "finished product."
Presenters, ad hoc chairs, and liaisons: please get me the normal
information (title, topic, time requested, presenter, audience=clause) by
the February 23rd. Post presentations by the 23rd! This is one week
earlier than normal and gives everyone time to digest the material prior
to the meeting. Please get liaison and ad hoc reports posted to the
reflector in advance!!! There will be little time on Tuesday a.m. (see
Lastly, while it would not be appropriate for me to say "don't
come if you are looking for some kind of boondoggle," I wish I could
:-). Please come prepared for a week of hard work. Come rested. Come
psyched to win this mental marathon. Come prepared to HELP those who
carry the majority of the burden, the clause editors (the way that THEY
want the help). Yea! Team! Rah!
1++, 44, 45
30, 45, 49
50, 51, 53
Sunday (times TBD): Clause 54; Equalization and Jitter ad hocs
Monday (8:00 to 11:00): Clauses: 45, 47, 48, 50, 51, 52, 54
preparation for meeting
Monday (11:00 to 12:00): 802 opening plenary
Monday (1:00 to 6:00): 802.3 opening plenary
Monday evening: Editor's meeting
Tuesday (8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.): 802.3ae General Session
Tuesday 10:15 a.m. to Wednesday 1:00 p.m. Parallel Tracks A through F
and various breakouts.
Wednesday (1:00 p.m. till ?) 802.3ae Motion madness
Wednesday 7:00 p.m. to Thursday 8:30 a.m. Creation of draft 3.0.
Thursday (8:30 a.m. to ?6:00 p.m?): 802.3 closing plenary. Line by
line review of text changes from draft 2.1 to draft 3.0
From: Booth, Bradley
Sent: Friday, February 16, 2001 8:37 AM
To: HSSG (E-mail)
Subject: One week left...
Just a reminder that there is only ONE WEEK left in the comment and
As a great service to your clause editors, please don't wait until
Editor-in-Chief, IEEE P802.3ae
(512) 407-2135 office
(512) 422-6708 cellular *new*