Solution at last?: bit ordering on XSBI vs SFI-4

In a message dated 3/28/01 4:20:55 PM Pacific Standard Time,
bradley.booth@xxxxxxxxx writes:

I think things are getting close.  Justin and I just talked.  I don't mind
providing the information about XSBI vs. SFI-4 bit ordering, as long as it
is informative text and doesn't confuse the general flow of the document.
My suggestion would be to create Annex 51A which is an informative annex
that briefly explains the mapping of the bit ordering.  Annexes are good
spots for things like this because it doesn't interrupt the flow and it's
easy to indicate to the reader that the text is informative not normative.

Cheers,
Brad

This is a good plan that we discussed. Let's stay w/ this for now and
see what happens at the next mtg. David, do you want to put in a comment?

Justin Chang
Quake Technologies, Inc.
2880 Zanker Road, Suite 104
San Jose, CA 95134