RE: Chapter 46: preamble length

All,

If no device is permitted to cause preamble shrinkage,
then why require MACs to receive frames with shorter preambles ?

As the Draft 3.0 is written, it requires MACs to be capable of
receiving frames with any preamble length n+4 (where n= 0 to ??) so
long as the /S/ and /SFD/ are in their proper lanes.
Isn't this an unnecessary burden on implementation?
An invitation for non-compliance ?

thanks,
Danielle

Danielle Lemay