From: owner-stds-802-3-hssg@xxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-stds-802-3-hssg@xxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Devendra Tripathi
Sent: Thursday, March 29, 2001 10:31 AM
To: Yongbum Kim; Gareth Edwards; Booth, Bradley
Cc: stds-802-3-hssg@xxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Chapter 46: preamble length

Young,

Are you indicating that there are already PHYs which are eating/using
preamble for
10 G implementation ?

I very much appreciate Steve's comment in this regards that this "option" to
PHY might prove
to be the sleeping interoperability bug which may surface. In general I like
the
idea of being permissive on MAC Rx side but I do not like giving permission
to PHY to
eat/use preamble. At least clause 46 structure (see the table 2,3) does not
seem to
permit this. The lesser the options, the better.

Regards,

Devendra Tripathi
VidyaWeb, Inc
90 Great Oaks Blvd #206