From: Justin Gaither [mailto:jgaither@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2001 7:19 AM
To: 802.3ae
Subject: Management PMA/PMD registers for XAUI

When a 10GBase-X PCS is being used as a PHY XGXS, it has a XAUI PMA.
Should this PMA have all of the Management registers specified (ie. 1.0,
1.1, 1.2&1.3, 1.4, 1.5, 1.8, 1.9)? Or are these registers for the
PMA/PMD that actually tied to the fiber PMD?

Regards,

justin

--
Justin Gaither                       Phone: 512-306-7292  x529
RocketChips a Division of Xilinx     Fax:   512-306-7293