RE: Management PMA/PMD registers for XAUI

Pat,
I'm also thinking that the XGXS does not need  a separate Lock bit, and all
its status contain enough info.  The question is if the standard requires it
for compliancy or not.

For example: in a system of DTE-XGXS+PMD (As depicted in Rich Taborek prsnt.
from May 2000, taborek_3_0500 p. 8), where the XGXS implements both 10GB-X
PCS and 10GB-X PMA, the compliancy requirement is to implement the address
spaces of both the PMA/PMD and the 8B/10B PCS, or the register space of the
XGXS is enough for compliancy of the system?

Boaz