RE: Management PMA/PMD registers for XAUI

Pat,
Suppose the retimer is there: SInce the retimer does not have MDIO port, and
PMD+RETIMER+DTE-XS is valid system, as you mentioned below, I guess that
using only the MDIO port of the DTE-XS is enough for compliancy, especially
if its all optional, isnt it? (That is, no need to implement 8B/10B PCS and
PMA address spaces for compliancy).
Regards,
Boaz