Re: XGMII or SPI-4 ?

Wang, what you say is true.  The title of the OIF-SPI4-02.0 does say: "...
OC-192 System Interface for the Physical and Link  Layer Devices".  However,
the OIF considers the SONET/SDH  Framer as part of the ISO PHY layer and SPI-4
is the interface between the SONET/SDH Framer and the link layer above it.  The
SONET/SDH  framer is "like" the Ethernet PHY with respect to the ISO layers.
Note that the OIF specified interface between the SONET/SDH framer and the
SERDES/EO module is the OIF-SFI4-01.0 interface.  The SERDES/EO module is "like"
the PMD in 10GbE. There is a good white paper at the OIF web site under Press
Room/OIF White papers that clearly defines SPI and SFI.  Tim is not quite
correct, SPI-4 is an interface between the ISO Data Link layer and the ISO
Physical layer (SONET/SDH Framer, Ethernet Phy, etc.) .

Hope this clears up your confusion.

Regards,

Larry