From: Wang Wendeh [mailto:wendeh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, May 09, 2001 1:55 PM
To: stds-802-3-hssg@xxxxxxxx
Subject: XGMII or SPI-4 ?

Hi all,

Maybe this thread has been discussed before, but I just added in this mailing list for a few days.
Can anyone tell me which one ( XGMII or SPI-4) will be adopted for implementation between
link-layer and physical-layer device? The 10G standard proposes XGMII, while it seems to be that
vendors favor SPI-4, right? Or maybe this two interfaces can co-exist ??

Thanks a lot!

WenDeh