From: owner-stds-802-3-hssg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-stds-802-3-hssg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Sanjeev
Mahalawat
Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2001 13:28
To: Joshua J. Brickel; stds-802-3-hssg@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Question on the Maximum number of packets per second

Joshua,

In LAN PHY the remote (transmitter) clock can be 100ppm faster and the local
(receiver) clock can be 100ppm slower than the nominal and be compliant.
This
results in 0.1024 bits more (for 64byte packets) that would reduce
the ipg by this number resulting in 14.88322 (round to 14.8833) mpps.

In WAN PHY I guess it has been changed to +/-20 ppm clock difference allowed
but if one designed for +/-100ppm clock difference packet throughput it will
cover
+/-20ppm clock difference.

Thanks,
Sanjeev