Re: Remote Faults in RS

All,

Apologies if this comment is somewhat "fringe".

There are some application environments in which it would be useful to
keep the TX link "up" even when LF is detected at RS.

This is *non-conforming* and out of scope of 802.3ae. However if silicon
vendors make it possible to disable the normative 46.3.4, etc behavior,
it would be helpful to these applications.

Just FYI.

Cheers,
  Chuck Harrison
  Far Field Associates, LLC