From: Manish Agrawal [mailto:agrawal.manish@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Sunday, July 22, 2001 11:56 PM
To: Grow Bob; 'Alon Lamensdorf'; stds-802-3-hssg@xxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [802.3ae] 10 Gig XGMII

Hello Bob,

If we loopback TXCLK to RXCLK, some gate appears in the receiver clock path. Then it becomes difficult to met setup and hold time.  Also its not a wise decision to use the gated clock. Don't we have any other solution of it?

Can't we use the same RXCLK (not TXCLK loopbacked) and double synchronize all the loopbacked data with the RXCLK?

Best Regards,
Manish