Re: [802.3ae] XAUI Rj TR comment

Replying to Mike's comment:
	It depends on the definition of jitter. If jitter is considered at the
zero crossings and/or on the peaks *only*, it is effectively a sampled
system and the frequency
spectrum of the jitter will alias.  But when the data signal is viewed
as continuous time this
is not true. (Usually this is called phase noise though; not "jitter").
	As far as I know, the IEEE spec does not prescribe to view the data
signal as a sampled signal(?), nor does it prescribe the sample
frequency with which you need to look at the data signal. So the
frequency at which the RJ will alias (if at all) is not a given.

	So I agree with Tom.

Howard Baumer