[802.3ae] Re: [802.3ae_Serial] B1 Parity and CID test pattern

Bruce,

D3.1 is the current draft though D3.2 should be available
soon. 50.3.8 should be changed with D3.2 (Tom Alexander,
please comment here) and replaced with a document developed
by Tim Warland as part of the SJTP ad-hoc process.

See the following referenced document from the 802.3ae July
presentation URL that will be used to replace this section.
I hope this helps.

http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/802/3/ae/public/jul01/warland_1_0701.pdf

I admit not reviewing this D3.1 section with much scrutiny,
knowing (or at least expecting) that it would be replaced
in the next draft.

Regards,
Ben

"Nepple, Bruce" wrote:

> Ben,
>
> In reading P802.3ae/D3.1, Figure 50-15 shows the process
> of CID pattern generation and reception as being
> outside the normal WIS transmit and receive process.
>
> In addition, the third to the last paragraph in
> 50.3.8 describes the process of replacing the CID
> pattern with the "default" pattern before sending it
> to the WIS receive process.
>
> Perhaps this is an old draft?
>
> Regards
>
> Bruce Nepple