RE: [802.3ae] Wan Interface Sublayer

	This presentation, however, seems to reinforce my earlier claim that
WIS will be used only to interface to SONET networks.  However, let me
rephrase that a little:

	I see the WIS as being used either to interface to an ELTE, which
will lead through a SONET network to another single ELTE (the "Dark Fiber"
model in the Bottorff presentation) or to route into a traditional ethernet
"packet banger" hub or switch.  Specifically, I do not see the emergence of
SONET-like pathing for WIS; rather, WIS lines would be sent through an ELTE
for pathing.

	Am I still wrong?

	Also, would it be possible for an ELTE to be non-manageable
(transparent)?

	Thanks,

/|/|ike