[802.3ae] Recirculation and Electronic Ballot for IEEE P802.3ae Draft 3.3

The following note was sent to the 802.3 reflector this
evening formally opening the second recirculation of the WG ballot. Enclosed
is all the relevant information required.

As with draft 3.2, if any of you are not members of the 802.3 Working Group
Ballot Group
and wish to comment on draft 3.3, I will sponsor the comment on your behalf.
I will do this under the following three conditions (read these carefully
and completely):

1. I will NOT sponsor a comment that is incomplete. Every field in the
comment form must be filled out properly. Period.
2. I will NOT sponsor a technical required (TR) comment.
3. You MUST get the comments to me no later than November 4 (yes, you have
three days less time than everyone else).

If you are not a member of either 802.3 or 802.3ae and wish to purchase the
draft, go to http://standards.ieee.org/catalog/olis/index.html and search
for "802.3ae". You will be presented with a list of available drafts.

Jonathan

Jonathan Thatcher
Principal Engineer, World Wide Packets
Chair, IEEE P802.3ae Task Force
Office: 509.242.9228  Fax: 509.242.9001
jonathan@xxxxxxx

------- COPY OF NOTE TO 802.3 REFLECTOR ----------------------

Dear IEEE P802.3 Voters & Participants:

This e-mail is to advise you of the Working Group 2nd recirculation and
electronic ballot for IEEE P802.3ae (10 Gigabit Ethernet), Draft 3.3
otherwise known as:

Information Technology - Local & Metropolitan Area Networks - Part 3:
Carrier Sense Multiple Access with Collision Detection (CSMA/CD)
Access Method and Physical Layer Specifications -
Media Access Control Parameters, Physical Layers
and Management Parameters for 10 Gb/s Operation

The electronic ballot officially opens on:
	Tuesday, 23 October 2001
and closes on:
	Wednesday, 7 November 2001 at 12:00 midnight Pacific time.

A copy of this draft (and previous drafts) can be found at the following
password-protected website (URL):

http://www.ieee802.org/3/ae/private

	The UserID is:	XXXXXX
	Password:	XXXXXX

The UserID and password are case sensitive.

The draft is posted in Adobe "pdf" document format and can be viewed
online, or, preferably downloaded and printed if desired.

Please see the directory labeled: Working Group Ballot		D3.3

Included in this directory are:

http://www.ieee802.org/3/ae/private/d3.3/P802_3ae_D3_3_cb.pdf
	contains the change bar version all clauses
http://www.ieee802.org/3/ae/private/d3.3/P802_3ae_D3_3_cb.gz
	contains the compressed version of the change bar
http://www.ieee802.org/3/ae/private/d3.3/Unresolved_D3_3_TR.pdf
	Unresolved Technical Required

as well as the ballot and comment forms. Please return both these as
instructed below.

Comment only against the portions of the draft that have been changed since
D3.2. These are indicated by the change bar version!!! Please also
familiarize yourself with the unresolved technical required comments from
draft 3.2 which are part of this recirculation package.

A significant portion of the text is shown as change instructions to the
existing Standard. You should also have a copy of the current Standard
(IEEE Std. 802.3 2000 Edition or ISO/IEC 8802-3:2000) handy when you do
your review. The current Standard may be downloaded at no charge via the
"Get IEEE 802"(TM) Home Page at:
	http://standards.ieee.org/getieee802/

You will need a copy of Adobe's Acrobat Reader (3.0 or higher) to view or
print the draft. It is available for free downloading from Adobe at:
	http://www.adobe.com/prodindex/acrobat/readstep.html

This draft is copyrighted by the IEEE and is for your review for balloting
purposes only. It should not be copied or otherwise distributed.

The comment executable is available at:
	http://www.ieee802.org/3/ae/private/d3.3/10GigBallot.zip

The comment executable is designed for systems capable of running Windows
based programs. Please read the comment instructions carefully.

Those with systems unable to open and use the comment executable, an ASCII
version of the ballot and comment forms for use with e-mail is appended to
the end of this message.
The ASCII version is also available at:
	http://www.ieee802.org/3/ae/private/d3.3/10GigBallot.txt
	http://www.ieee802.org/3/ae/private/d3.3/10GigComment.txt

Please submit ballots and comments electronically to the P802.3ae chief
editor, Brad Booth at:
	bradley.booth@xxxxxxxxxx

If you should have any questions, problems or comments please contact:

Geoffrey Thompson
Chair, IEEE 802.3 Working Group
Office: 408-495-1339  Fax: 408-495-5615
thompson@xxxxxxxx

Jonathan Thatcher
Chair, IEEE P802.3ae Task Force
Office: 509.242.9228  Fax: 509.242.9001
jonathan@xxxxxxx <mailto:jonathan@xxxxxxx>

Brad Booth
Chief Editor, IEEE P802.3ae Task Force
Office: (512) 407-2135  Fax: (512) 422-6708
bradley.booth@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:bradley.booth@xxxxxxxxx>

IEEE P802.3ae/D3.3 Working Group Ballot November, 2001
(Supplement to CSMA/CD, 10 Gigabit Ethernet)

BALLOT RESPONSE:

PLEASE RESPOND NO LATER THAN November 7, 2001
RETURN ALL BALLOTS & COMMENTS BY E-MAIL TO:
Brad Booth
E-MAIL: bradley.booth@xxxxxxxxx

PLEASE E-MAIL THIS FORM (cut and paste line below)

----- Please use 1 of the following 3 subject lines --------

P802.3ae D3.3 RESPONSE = APPROVE
P802.3ae D3.3 RESPONSE = DISAPPROVE
P802.3ae D3.3 RESPONSE = ABSTAIN

----- Cut and paste text below this line only please --------

IEEE P802.3ae/D3.3 Working Group Ballot November, 2001
(Supplement to CSMA/CD, 10 Gigabit Ethernet)

Your Name:___________________________

___    APPROVE WITHOUT COMMENT

___    APPROVE WITH COMMENTS

___    DO NOT APPROVE (Please attach specific comments for remedy)

___    ABSTAIN, Lack of Expertise

___    ABSTAIN, Lack of Time

COMMENT RESPONSE:

PLEASE RESPOND NO LATER THAN November 7, 2001
RETURN ALL BALLOTS & COMMENTS BY E-MAIL TO:
Brad Booth
E-MAIL: bradley.booth@xxxxxxxxx

COMMENT INFORMATION:

PLEASE USE THE COMMENT TOOL OR THE FORM BELOW FOR ALL COMMENTS. THIS WILL
MAKE IT EASIER FOR THE EDITOR TO PROPERLY RECORD AND TRACK ALL SUBMISSIONS.
MAKE AS MANY COPIES OF THE TEMPLATE AS NECESSARY AND SUBMIT AS AN ASCII
TEXT FILE OR AS PART OF YOUR E-MAIL. MULTIPLE COMMENTS CAN BE SUBMITTED IN
ONE ASCII TEXT FILE OR E-MAIL.  PLEASE USE THE FORMAT BELOW, AND THAT THE
COMMENTS ARE IN ASCII FORM.

Acceptable comment types:
E  = Editorial
T  = Technical
TR = Technical Required

PLEASE E-MAIL THIS FORM (cut and paste line below)

----- Please use the following subject line --------

Comments on P802.3ae/D3.3

-----Cut and paste text below this line only please--------
CommenterName:
CommenterEmail:
CommenterPhone:
CommenterCellPhone:
CommenterCompany:
Clause:
Subclause:
Page:
Line:
CommentType (E, T or TR):
Comment:

CommentEnd:
SuggestedRemedy:

RemedyEnd:

|================================================|
| Geoffrey O. Thompson                           |
| Chair IEEE 802.3                               |
| Nortel Networks, Inc.  M/S SC5-02              |
| 4401 Great America Parkway                     |
| P. O. Box 58185                                |
| Santa Clara, CA 95052-8185  USA                |
| Phone: +1 408 495 1339                         |
| Fax:   +1 408 495 5615                         |
| E-Mail: thompson@xxxxxxxx                      |
| Please see the IEEE 802.3 web page at          |
| http://www.ieee802.org/3/index.html
| To download your FREE copy of Std. IEEE 802.3  |
| http://standards.ieee.org/getieee802/802.3.html

Sent by request of Geoffrey Thompson by Jonathan Thatcher, chair 802.3ae TF