[802.3ae] ask some questions....
At First, I have to say sorry.
I still have some questions and maybe my questions are a little big.
Thanks for your answer.
1. This standard specifies a family of physical layer implementations
10GBASE-R, 10GBASE-W, 10GBASE-X. What do "R","W", and "X" mean?
"W" refer to" WAN", right?
2. The XAUI is a low pin count, "self-clocked" serial bus that is
directly evolved from the
Gigabit Ethernet 1000BASE-X PHY.
what does "self-clocked" mean? XAUI, its working frequency is
3.(1) Jitter test mode operates when the PCS is attached to a WIS or
It seems jitter test mode operates with or without the WIS, then
what's the difference between
jitter test mode operates with or without the WIS? and when need
to operate in jitter test mode?
(2) Besides, what are normal mode and jitter test mode mean, their
4. In the 802.3ae spec(Draft3.0 March 2001), I have some prolems about
Can you tell me what's the function of the following connections?
because I don't find the answer in the text.
(1)connection between "receive process block" and " transmit process
(2)connection between "receive process block" and "layer management"
(3)connection between "Synchronization process block" and "layer
5. In clause 50, chapter 126.96.36.199, the following sentence makes me so
" The J1 octet shall transport a 16-octet continously repeating Trace
Massage that is formatted
as defined by Section 5 and Annex A of ANSI T1.269-2000"
I guess it means when transmits consecutive WIS frames, the Trace
Massage octet shall be placed in J1,
and transmits 16 times, after all the 16 octets have been transmitted
in this way, transmit process repeats, right?
That is the length of Trace Message is 16 octets, and each J1 has a
fixed value, right?
6.In clause 50, chapter 188.8.131.52, the following sentence makes me so
"The H1 and H2 pointer octets shall be set by the transmit process,
in accordance with the
pointer mechanism defined by ANSI T1.416-1999, to indicate a
constant pointer value of 522 decimal,
and shall also indicate a concatenated payload"
(1) Each of H1 and H2 is 8 bits, how to indicate a constant
pointer value of 522 decimal ?
(2) and their function are "pointer" , what it mean?
7. In the 802.3ae spec(Draft3.0 March 2001), I have some prolems about
Why need the process path(line) defects block,but don't need a "
process section defects block" ,
and what are these blocks doing?