Re: [802.3ae] Link Fault Signalling

Gal,

You are correct. Fault recognition does not require the usage of LF/RF
sequences.

Happy Holidays,
Rich

--

"Ofek, Gal" wrote:

> Pat,
>
> re:"The RS does not poll the MDIO"
> Of course, you're right!(formally...)
>
> re:"but if the PMD/PMA isn't getting good signal, the PCS will not be
> able to get lock to the signal from the PMD/PMA"
>
> Still, in general, there will be cases in which a fault will be indicated
> through the link status bit (1.1.7) and not
> through the LF/RF sequences, right?
>
> Thanks
> Happy&Merry Holidays
> Gal Ofek
> Intel Communications Group - ISRAEL(Omer)

Richard Taborek Sr.                     Intel Corporation
XAUI Sherpa                    Intel Communications Group
3101 Jay Street, Suite 110    Optical Strategic Marketing
Santa Clara, CA 95054           Santa Clara Design Center
408-496-3423                                     JAY1-101
Cell: 408-832-3957          mailto:rich.taborek@xxxxxxxxx
Fax: 408-486-9783                    http://www.intel.com