From: Romascanu, Dan (Dan) [mailto:dromasca@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, December 26, 2001 10:46 PM
To: Tom Alexander; HSSG Reflector (E-mail)
Cc: C. M. Heard; hubmib@xxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [802.3ae] FW: WIS MIB list of open issues and recommendations for resolution

Tom,

The problem is that some of the objects that the authors of the SONET MIB decided that may remain optional for their management model are mandatory for a full definition and understanding of the WIS interface behavior. This is the reason for defining a separate compliance statement that is stricter than the compliance statement for a 'regular' SONET MIB implementation.

The minutes of the Salt Lake City meeting will be soon out. There was not much controversy on this issue, the resolution being that the editors will document their decision so that the later implementers of the standard can understand the rationale of the path that was taken.

Regards,

Dan