Re: [802.3ae] Clause 48: Check_end Question

I guess it's also worth pointing out that the normative description of
the check_end function C48.2.5.1.4 quoted by Doug below doesn't agree
with the informative description of the ||T|| ordered set on p311 of
D4.0 in 48.2.4.3, to wit:

\begin{quote}
Unrecognized running disparity errors which propagate to any Idle
code-groups in ||T|| or to the column following ||T|| are indicated as
/E/ in the preceding column IN THE SAME LANE in which the errors were
recognized. All ||I|| ordered_sets are selected to ensure that
propagated code violations are recognized and not propagated further.
\end{quote}

(My capitals).

Which in combination with Doug's observation, has left me more confused
than ever.

Perhaps another recirculation comment is required?

Gareth

--
/ /\/\ Gareth Edwards              mailto:gareth.edwards@xxxxxxxxxx
\ \  / Design Engineer