RE: [802.3ae] Bad idea...not including FP laser in PMD
- To: Norman Kwong <nkwong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, david@xxxxxxxx, "'Taborek, Rich'" <rich.taborek@xxxxxxxxx>, "'Grow, Bob'" <bob.grow@xxxxxxxxx>, stds-802-3-hssg@xxxxxxxx
- Subject: RE: [802.3ae] Bad idea...not including FP laser in PMD
- From: "THALER,PAT (A-Roseville,ex1)" <pat_thaler@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 12:39:54 -0700
- Cc: Stan Swirhun <sswirhun@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Jack Jewell <Jack.Jewell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Sender: owner-stds-802-3-hssg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
That isn't the way it works. IEEE 802.3 doesn't initiate calls for interest.
A person (or group of people) who want a project to happen and are willing
to work on it initiate a call for interest. Starting a study group to
investigate whether a project should be chartered is dependent in part on
having a sufficient group of people indicating a willingness to work on it.
From: Norman Kwong [mailto:nkwong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, March 29, 2002 11:27 AM
I'd urge the =
committee should initiate a call for interest for this topic. Thanks