[802.3ae] RE: [802.3] P802.3ae has been approved by Revcom

Colleagues,

In celebration of the successful completion of the 10 Gigabit Ethernet
standard, PMC-Sierra will be hosting a cocktail reception in the
Governor General's Suite at the Pan Pacific Hotel in Vancouver, BC.
The reception will be held on Tuesday July 9th, from 7.00 PM to 10.00
PM. The Pan Pacific Hotel is located on the waterfront about five
blocks south of the Fairmont and Hyatt Regency hotels. (The Governor
General's Suite is on the top floor and commands excellent views of
Vancouver harbor and the mountains around Vancouver.) I will be happy
to provide more detailed directions if anyone needs them.

I would like to extend a personal invitation to all members of the
P802.3ae Task Force, and other members of 802.3 that assisted in the
development of 10 Gigabit Ethernet, to attend the reception. We've
worked hard on this standard for three years - it's time to party!

Please note that this is NOT a marketing event for PMC. No marketing
collateral - booths, datasheets, advertising brochures, etc. - will
be present during the event, for PMC-Sierra or anyone else. (This has
been made clear to the folks organizing the event as well, and they
fully concur.) The only purpose of this reception is to congratulate
P802.3ae on the successful completion of their work. This event will
not benefit any entity other than the membership of IEEE 802.3 and
802.3ae. In short - let's eat, drink and be merry, we've earned it.

Best regards,

- Tom Alexander
Clause 50 Editor, P802.3ae
Principal Engineer, PMC-Sierra Inc.