RE: WWDM vs. 10Gb/s serial

Hi Paul,

You misinterpreted what I said (or at least what I was trying to say).
Your referenced  process to clear out a scrambler is correct, however,
what I stated was that all it takes is on the order of 2n bits to clear
it out, IF (an important if) you hit the scrambler with the correct
set of bits.  In other words, if I know the PRESENT STATE of the scrambler
register bits, I can calculate a sequence of 2n bits which, when fed to the
scrambler WILL clear it out.  In reality this may only require n bits,
but its been a couple years since I went through the excercise.

So, for any given state of the scrambler there is always a set of n bits
which will clear it out.

-Ed Grivna
Cypress Semiconductor