Re: A telephony carrier industry perspective

Jonathan:

With all the flurry of interest in coding vs. scrambling and the new
folks that are approaching 10GbE more from the WAN angle, I am wondering
if we can find (at least) 2 volunteers that can educate the study group
on this issue at the interim meeting:

- from the Ethernet point-of-view (all the good stuff coding does for
us...)
- from a WAN point-of-view (how much of the coding can be dispensed with
and why...)

Martin Nuss
Optical Enterprise Networks Research
Bell Labs - Lucent Technologies