1000BASE-T PCS question

Jaime,

I have a question about the 4D 8-state Trellis code used by 1000BASE-T
which I hope you may be able to answer:

Is the 4D 8-state Trellis code A DC balanced code? If not, how difficult
will it be for the receiver to recover the clock?

P.S. I believe that the usual procedure for presentations is to send
them to the chair or webmaster for placement on the IEEE web site. In
this case, that means sending a copy to Jonathan Thatcher or David Law.
(I would send it to both of them).

--

--

Best Regards,
Rich

Richard Taborek Sr.    Tel: 650 210 8800 x101 or 408 370 9233
Principal Architect         Fax: 650 940 1898 or 408 374 3645
Transcendata, Inc.           Email: rtaborek@transcendata.com
1029 Corporation Way              http://www.transcendata.com
Palo Alto, CA 94303-4305    Alt email: rtaborek@earthlink.net