From: Haim Shafir [mailto:hshafir@1e9.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 09, 1999 9:29 AM
To: Chang, Edward S; stds-802-3-hssg@ieee.org
Subject: RE: interface

I am not worried about the PCB
more worried about internal substrate
noise in the PHY chip.

It is true that since 10GBE will be
point to point with re timing in each node
you need not worry about jitter transfer spec
but still 32 buffers switching may kill the PLL performance.

We may want to allow in the spec
some way of spreading out the switching noise
within the bit window.

communication and there is not jitter tranfer spec