RE: Jumbo Frames in 10GbE?

Andrew,

>So that would be the IS-IS working group you are talking about, right? And
>this protocol is designed for encapsulating big IS-IS routing protocol
>packets? Not sure I see the connection there with interrupts and bus
>performance at 10Gbps speeds unless those are *really* big routing tables.

The impetus for this draft is to carry big IS-IS routing protocol packets.
Absolutely.  But the proposal does not limit itself to this usage.  Users
and vendors will be free to use the new standard for whatever they want.
It describes Jumbo Frames with 802.3 or DIX Ethernet header formats.

Ted Schroeder
Alteon WebSystems, Inc.