Re: Fwd: Optical Network Specs Developed By Bellsouth, Others

Colin,

It might be noted that the standard that you refer to is ATM specific.  I
have not seen any of the details published about how this implements a
different transmission adaptation layer other than the existing SONET/SDH.
If it is similar to what was developed for POS interface, it might be that
only the "B3", path level bit errors, is reqired, and "B1" and "B2", section
and line level bit error detection is optional.  It will interesting to see
what this is, once it is fully published.

Roy Bynum
Optical and Data Networking Technology Development
MCI WorldCom