Re: Issues concerning 10GbE speed standards

Ed:

What I wanted to accomplish with my email was to stir up the discussion
and to make sure that all viable and cost effective PHY options were
given equal consideration for the LAN standard.

These were my opinions based on my knowledge of technology evolution in
the marketplace.  If I have violated any protocol in doing so, I surely
apologize.

Martin

Ed Grivna wrote:

> The message sent out earlier today by Mr. Nuss was quite out of order.
> He also made a very strong attempt to state this his opinions were
> in reality fact.  Fortunately others saw through this smoke screen.
> Is scrambling proper for the LAN?  I don't know.  Until all proposals
> have been heard and evaluated, that, and that alone, is the only
> VALID reponse to any of these proposals.
>
> Regards,
>
> Ed Grivna
> Cypress Semiconductor
begin:vcard
n:Nuss;Martin
tel;fax:(732) 949-2473
tel;work:(732) 949-5358
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Bell Labs - Lucent Technologies;Optical Enterprise Networks Research
adr:;;101 Crawfords Corner Rd.;Holmdel;NJ;07733-3030;
version:2.1
email;internet:nuss@lucent.com
x-mozilla-cpt:;-1
fn:Martin Nuss