RE: Does Ten-Gigabit Ethernet need fault tolerance?

Title: RE: Does Ten-Gigabit Ethernet need fault tolerance?

Joe,

I would like to support Jonathan's request that a presentation be made either by yourself or others that you feel want to triumph this request.  I would like to see architecturally how the fault tolerant algorithm is implemented.  In other words, which sublayer would this algorithm find itself and what interactions would be required.  I would also like to see data that would support the gains, implementation size, and complexity.  A presentation is also a great way to educate those of us who have little or no experience with this and don't understand what the cost versus payoff is.

Thanks,
Brad

Brad Booth
Level One Communications, Austin Design Center
(512) 407-2135 office
(512) 589-4438 cell