Re: 9.584640

Drew,

The complexity I mentioned is relative. For example, an 1/10 GbE product such as
a switch may be implemetable with a single clock if the MAC/PLS data rate is set
to 10 Gbps since the MAC Tx (local) clock may well be 125 MHz. The same would
not be possible for the same 1/9.584640 product. The point being that a MAC/PLS
data rate of 9.584640 simply complicates the life of an Ethernet product
designer, especially one that needs to develop products which support multiple
Ethernet rates.

--

--

Best Regards,