Re: 802.3x flow control

Devendra,

With respect to 802.3x flow control, why do you say that you don't see how it can
help in the context of 10 vs 9.58460 Gbps?

My assumption is that 802.3x flow control is speed independent. For example, it
can flow control a mixed 10, 100 and 1000 Mbps Ethernet devices. Is this not true?

--

Best Regards,
Rich

Richard Taborek Sr.    Tel: 650 210 8800 x101 or 408 370 9233
Principal Architect         Fax: 650 940 1898 or 408 374 3645
Transcendata, Inc.           Email: rtaborek@transcendata.com
1029 Corporation Way              http://www.transcendata.com
Palo Alto, CA 94303-4305    Alt email: rtaborek@earthlink.net