RE: Ethernet over WANs

Rohit:

I think you will see 3 different approaches in the marketplace for
delivering 10GbE over the WAN:

1. 10GbE over SONET where a proprietary OAM is done at SONET layer
2. 10Gbe over wavelengths where a proprietary OAM is done out of band in the
optical channel
3. Native 10Gbe which would require some sort of new OAM protocol

The question that has been asked as since no common standard has been
developed for OAM in SONET, is a "standard" OAM required for native 10GbE?

Bill