RE: Proposal for accomodating 10.0000 and 9.58464 line rates

Title: RE: Proposal for accomodating 10.0000 and 9.58464 line rates

I think that we can get away without local (MAC-PHY) flow control if we use variable IPG.  I'm not sure what size buffering is available in an OC-192 SONET framer, but I would think that whatever is there to handle the overhead insertion may be enough.  I haven't had time to evaluate that yet.

Thanks,
Brad

Brad Booth
bbooth@Level1.com
Level One Communications, Austin Design Center
(512) 407-2135 office
(512) 589-4438 cellular