Re: AW: Deconstructing OAM&P

I believewe we all agree at the framer (encapsulating 10xGbE over SONET), we
need OAM&P to transmit data through WAN.  I am sure, our very committed
friend, Roy, and others are trying to simplify it.

However, at the MAC/Plus, a traditional Ethernet environment, only Ethernet
protocols are required.  I think that is what most of us agreed to it.  I do
not believe anyone is trying to impose SONET OAM&P to LAN, which is counter
productive.

Ed Chang