Re: Link Model

Jonathan,

I spent some time researching the IEEE 802.3z presentation material and found a
wealth of documentation online which is available for those individuals
interested in researching the history of the GbE link model. Here's my
handy-dandy list:

1) 1.25 GBAUD, 550 m, BUILDING BACKBONE LINKS ON INSTALLED 62.5 MULTIMODE FIBRE
FOR IEEE 802.3:
http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/802/3/z/public/presentations/july1996/DClwpap.pdf

http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/802/3/z/public/presentations/july1996/DClwprop.pdf

2) Some Restricted Mode Launch (RML) Results
http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/802/3/z/public/presentations/nov1996/dc_rml.pdf

3) Long Wavelength Laser MMF Links: 50MMF results
http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/802/3/z/public/presentations/nov1996/dc_50mmf.pdf

4) Review of Hewlett-Packard Proposal: Long Wavelength Laser-Based Fiber Optic
Links
http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/802/3/z/public/presentations/nov1996/dc_62mmf.pdf

5) Chromatic Dispersion Limited Link Lengths for SWL and LWL Fiber Systems
http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/802/3/z/public/presentations/nov1996/dc_chdsp.pdf

6) Proposed Worst Case Link Model for Optical Physical Media Dependent
Specification Development.
http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/802/3/z/public/presentations/jan1997/dc_model.pdf

7) The effects of dirty connectors on laser based MMF links
http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/802/3/z/public/presentations/mar1997/MN_dirty.pdf

8) Experimental verification of worst case optical link model
http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/802/3/z/public/presentations/mar1997/MNexpver.pdf

--
Best regards,
Rich

Richard Taborek Sr.   1441 Walnut Dr.   Campbell, CA 95008 USA
Tel: 408-370-9233     Cell: 408-832-3957     Fax: 408-374-3645
Email: rtaborek@earthlink.net