Re: Long distance links

Rich,

There are two different WAN specific implementation architectures.  One of these is
to use one of the SMF PHYs.  The other uses a MMF PHY.  When going into transport
DWDM equipment at the customer or ISP POP site, the service providers would like to
save money by using inexpensive interfaces also.  The 500M MMF PHY is also a WAN
implementation.

Thank you,
Roy Bynum
MCI WorldCom