Re: Why not have both

Howard,

I'm thrilled to see you pull both factions together in the "11th hour."
All along I've been concerned that this debate might really delay the
standardization process. I would like to know, perhaps from a historical
point of view, why two PHYs work in this case, but in the long haul copper
case (1000BASE-T) the group separated from the 802.3z task force.  Thanks,

Mike Bennett

Lawrence Berkeley Laboratory